Anoucheka Gangabissoon

 


Anoucheka Gangabissoon

 

Nocturnal Reflections

 

It is said that, in this world

Love flows

As would a river,

Clear and straight forward!

 

It is also said

That, like the river,

Love can also change its course

Merging into small tributaries

And going wherever it wills

Before realizing,

That, in the end,

Whichever way it chooses to go,

It will have to merge into the ocean!

 

In my love story,

I am the ocean,

Wild, raging and fearsome at times,

And calm, soothing and beautiful

At others!

 

In my love story,

The ocean remains as it has been made to

Wondering at when will the drought

That has struck the Earth end,

So that

The waters needed to merge with it

Will come to it,

Even though it needs them not,

But, rather,

Seeks them,

Because it loves them!

 

It is said that time takes on its course

And patience is a God given gift,

It is said that when one is armed with it,

One can conquer everything,

Even despair, as it weighs upon us

When the clock strikes midnight!

 

 

The Late Hour

 

The mirror reflected a shadowy figure

And I could not help but feel stoned,

Not even scared

As, nothing mattered anymore

And nothing will ever do!

 

The purpose of my life

Has met with its closure

And all I care to do now

Is to sit and reflect

Upon the sovereignty of death

Over life, in a world which holds

Secrets as to its own origin and meaning!

 

The hour was late

And rain lashed out against my window,

Seemingly more aggrieved than I was

And bidding me to understand

That the darkness that surrounds me

Shall fade into dawns,

Under the magical spell of creation,

While the one in me,

Shall remain so for as long as I would be! 

 

Once, thought I by looking at the shadowy figure,

Once, the reflection was bolder,

Somewhat convinced that old age

Is a disease which shall strike others

While I shall keep my strength and my capabilities!

 

But now,

At this late hour,

The truth of life slammed me in the face

And I shivered

As I heard the shadowy reflection

Laughing back sneeringly at me!

 

 

Midnight Wishes

 

How I wish,

To see Love,

As willed to me by skies,

Feverish and drunk in yearning for me

At the call of midnight!

 

How I wish,

To see him

Pull me in his need,

Pushing me under him

And impregnating me with

Orgasmic thrills

Before whispering to my soul

Of how much I mean to him

And of how he would never be

Able to live without me!

 

But wishes shall remain whims

Which shall be turned into poetry;

Legacy of my mystical footprint

In a world which could never be mine!

 

Yet,

There is, all around me,

A wall, a fortress, and a moat

And I live in my own world,

Someplace where the clock's hour

Can be changed at will

And someplace where my wishes

Materialize as I wish them to!

 

And those wishes

I have simply turned them

Into treasures

Which I buried in my backyard

When the moon was full

In the night sky!

 

ANOUCHEKA GANGABISSOON

 

ANOUCHEKA GANGABISSOON is a Primary School Educator in Mauritius.  She writes poetry and short stories as hobby.  She considers writing to be the meaning of her life as she has always been influenced by all the great writers and wishes to be, like them, immortalized in her words.  Her works can be read on poetrysoup.com and she had also appeared in various literary magazines like SETU, Different Truths, Dissident Voice, In Between Hangovers Press, WISH Press, Tuck’s Magazine, Blue Mountain Review, among others.  She has also been published in Duane’s Poetree and also in two anthologies for the Immagine and Poesia group.  Her poems are often placed in free online contests.  She has been selected to be among the Most Influential Women in Mauritius for the 2017 category Arts and Culture and she has also been awarded as a Promising Indian for the year 2017 for the same category.  In 2018 and 2019, she was again selected to be among the Most Influential Women of the island for her contribution to the literary field and in 2019, she was one of the three nominees for the National Awards organized by the Ministry of Arts and Culture of Mauritius.  In 2020, she was shortlisted to be among the Most Impactful Women of the year for the Women of the Year awards. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Content List: To Read The Poems Click On The Name Of The Poet

Abigail-Tydale Bassey Aldo Moraes ANA LUCREŢIA NEDELCU Ana María Manuel Rosa Anil Kumar Panda Ann Privateer Anna Keiko Anoucheka Gangabissoon Antonella Tamiano Aprilia Zank Armenuhi Sisyan Asha Roy Ayten Mutlu Barbara Ehrentreu Barbaros İrdelmen Bharati Nayak Borce Panov Brajesh Kumar Gupta Claudia Piccinno Corina Savu Daniel Miltz Daniela Andonovska-Trajkovska Donna Allard Donna McCabe Ekaterina Volodina Elisa Mascia Elizabeth Esguerra Castillo Emanuela Qose Ester Cecere Ewa Kaczmarczyk Ewelina Duchnik Foteini Georgantaki Psychogiou Georgiana-Laura Gheorghe Germain Droogenbroodt Giuseppina Giudice Glória Sofia Igor Pop Trajkov Iolanda Leotta Irma Kurti Iulia Gherghei Izabela Zubko Jasmina Sfiligoj Jayanthi Sankar JeanMarie Olivieri Jellie N.Wyckelsma Joanna Svensson John Grey Juanita Garcia Vera Juljana Mehmeti Jyotirmaya Thakur Kallol Choudhury Kapardeli Eftichia Krystyna Konecka Leena Auckel Leonard Dabydeen Leyla Işik Liselle Powder Ljubica Katić Madhu Gangopadhyay Maid Corbic Maria Do Sameiro Barroso Maria Miraglia Maria Teresa Manta Marian Daniela Marian Dziwisz Marian Eikelhof Marija Najthefer Popov Marjeta Shatro Rrapaj Mark Andrew Heathcote Mary Bone Masudul Hoq Meg Smith Mesut Şenol Michael Lee Johnson Milanka Kuzmic Milica Paunovska Miltiadis Ntovas Monica Maartens Mónika Tóth Mubera Sabanovic Muralidharan Parthasarathy Nadica Ilić Naila Hina Nandita De nee Chatterjee Padmaja Iyengar-Paddy Paraskevi (Voula) Memou Pavol Janik Petros Kyriakou Veloudas Pramila Khadun Rahim Karim RAJASHREE MOHAPATRA Ranjana Sharan Sinha Richard Doiron Romanescu Salomeea Selma Kopić Shalini Mascarenhas Siamir Marulafau Sofia Skleida Šolkotović Snežana Steven W. Baker Sumitra Mishra Sunil Kaushal T A Ramesh Tabassum Tahmina Shagufta Hussein Tarana Turan Rahimli Tatjana Lončarec Tyran Prizren Spahiu Vandana Kumar Vesna Mundishevska-Veljanovska Yina Rojas Zdenka Mlinar Zulma Quiñones Senati Ζacharoula Gaitanaki

Popular Poets