Rajashree Mohapatra

 


Rajashree Mohapatra

 

O Night...

 

O Night!

When light is smoothly withdrawn,

the darkness falls from your wings

 

When the bright moon ascends

in a cluster of light

You cling to the sky as love clings to a life

A silence wraps me

A blessing all around me

 

O Night!

Out of your silence comes

my beauty, my grace

Comes the depth of my eyes

Aura of my being

 

I close my eyes

and fall into your lap

Into its fathomless depth,

I rejuvenate every moment

 

O Night!

Be my love

Cast me in your core

Meet me in my dreams

Let the endless sky bow down before us ...

 

 

Now ...

 

Now ...

Everything around appears motionless

I stand as a statue in impenetrable darkness

Who knows how long

I would burn myself

 

Standing on the altar of agony

I stare into empty sky

With a broken heart.

 

I dream of you ...

With eagerness in your eyes

you are coming back ...

 

I stand waiting on this quiet shore now

My heart desperately search for you

And soul desire your sweet embrace

My anxiety for your passionate touch

Of course knows no bounds ...

 

 

From A Land Unknown...

 

Some turn black

Some turn white

Spread like a carpet of shadows

in the midst of the night

I look out of the window

Memories come crowding into me.

 

As I sit in dead silence

And moments pass by

Grains of sand continue to sprinkle over hourglass of mine.

Moments bleed into another

And night spins web

of hideous darkness

 

Someone whispers to come back

Don’t know if  It is a call from a land unknown

 

I wait for showering light of the dawn

Where dew drops would sparkle

With rays of embedded hope.

 

RAJASHREE MOHAPATRA

 

RAJASHREE MOHAPATRA: Born in Odisha in India received her master’s degree in History, Journalism and Mass Communication from Utkal University, Odisha and Environmental Education and industrial waste management from Sambalpur University, Odisha. She is a teacher by profession and poetry, painting and journalism are her passions. She is a bilingual poet. Her Odia and English poems are translated into many national and international languages and are published in prestigious anthologies , international   ezines and Journals


1 comment:

Content List: To Read The Poems Click On The Name Of The Poet

Abigail-Tydale Bassey Aldo Moraes ANA LUCREŢIA NEDELCU Ana María Manuel Rosa Anil Kumar Panda Ann Privateer Anna Keiko Anoucheka Gangabissoon Antonella Tamiano Aprilia Zank Armenuhi Sisyan Asha Roy Ayten Mutlu Barbara Ehrentreu Barbaros İrdelmen Bharati Nayak Borce Panov Brajesh Kumar Gupta Claudia Piccinno Corina Savu Daniel Miltz Daniela Andonovska-Trajkovska Donna Allard Donna McCabe Ekaterina Volodina Elisa Mascia Elizabeth Esguerra Castillo Emanuela Qose Ester Cecere Ewa Kaczmarczyk Ewelina Duchnik Foteini Georgantaki Psychogiou Georgiana-Laura Gheorghe Germain Droogenbroodt Giuseppina Giudice Glória Sofia Igor Pop Trajkov Iolanda Leotta Irma Kurti Iulia Gherghei Izabela Zubko Jasmina Sfiligoj Jayanthi Sankar JeanMarie Olivieri Jellie N.Wyckelsma Joanna Svensson John Grey Juanita Garcia Vera Juljana Mehmeti Jyotirmaya Thakur Kallol Choudhury Kapardeli Eftichia Krystyna Konecka Leena Auckel Leonard Dabydeen Leyla Işik Liselle Powder Ljubica Katić Madhu Gangopadhyay Maid Corbic Maria Do Sameiro Barroso Maria Miraglia Maria Teresa Manta Marian Daniela Marian Dziwisz Marian Eikelhof Marija Najthefer Popov Marjeta Shatro Rrapaj Mark Andrew Heathcote Mary Bone Masudul Hoq Meg Smith Mesut Şenol Michael Lee Johnson Milanka Kuzmic Milica Paunovska Miltiadis Ntovas Monica Maartens Mónika Tóth Mubera Sabanovic Muralidharan Parthasarathy Nadica Ilić Naila Hina Nandita De nee Chatterjee Padmaja Iyengar-Paddy Paraskevi (Voula) Memou Pavol Janik Petros Kyriakou Veloudas Pramila Khadun Rahim Karim RAJASHREE MOHAPATRA Ranjana Sharan Sinha Richard Doiron Romanescu Salomeea Selma Kopić Shalini Mascarenhas Siamir Marulafau Sofia Skleida Šolkotović Snežana Steven W. Baker Sumitra Mishra Sunil Kaushal T A Ramesh Tabassum Tahmina Shagufta Hussein Tarana Turan Rahimli Tatjana Lončarec Tyran Prizren Spahiu Vandana Kumar Vesna Mundishevska-Veljanovska Yina Rojas Zdenka Mlinar Zulma Quiñones Senati Ζacharoula Gaitanaki

Popular Poets